[RCU] Elastic skin and user avatar in the message display
Thomas Pircher
2018-08-29 13:48:12 UTC

I have installed v1.4-beta with elastic skin and I really like it. It
looks great, but more importantly for me, it really works well on
desktop and mobile. Well done guys.

I have one question about the sender avatar in the message view. I think
it is one static picture, sourced from the mail server, and not, say a
dynamic picture loaded form an external source such as gravatar. Is this
correct?

In either cases, I would like to disable this avatar in the mail view,
side-wide, if possible. But I could not find a setting in this respect.
Is there perhaps a config file I could tweak to suppress the image from
the message view?

Thomas
A.L.E.C
2018-08-31 06:27:22 UTC
I have installed v1.4-beta with elastic skin and I really like it. It looks great, but
more importantly for me, it really works well on desktop and mobile. Well done guys.
I have one question about the sender avatar in the message view. I think it is one static
picture, sourced from the mail server, and not, say a dynamic picture loaded form an
external source such as gravatar. Is this correct?
Yes, it's taken from addressbook. There are plugins that add gravatar support. There's
also identicon plugin.
In either cases, I would like to disable this avatar in the mail view, side-wide, if
possible. But I could not find a setting in this respect. Is there perhaps a config file I
could tweak to suppress the image from the message view?
There's no such option. It has already been requested (ticket exist).
--
Aleksander 'A.L.E.C' Machniak
Kolab Groupware Developer [http://kolab.org]