[RCU] Abnormal termination when downloading attached file (after 60 seconds)
Seiichirou Hiraoka
2018-04-11 06:13:21 UTC
Hello,
I use Roundcube 1.0.2 in the following environment.

OS: CentOS 7.2.1511
Kernel: 3.10.0-327.el7.x86_64
Apache: httpd-2.4.6-40.El7.Centos.4
IMAP Server: dovecot-2.2.10-5.el7.x86_64

- Configuration
In order to handle 50 MB attached file on Roundcube,
We made the following settings in Apache and PHP.

. Apache httpd.conf
Timeout 300

. PHP php.ini
max_execution_time = 300
max_input_time = 600
error_reporting = E_ALL
default_socket_timeout = 600
mysql.connect_timeout = 600

. Roundcube defaults.inc.php
$config['imap_timeout'] = 300;

- Situation
In this situation, e-mail with attached file of about 30 MB will be
sent from Roundcube
When downloading, processing stops when 1 minute passes.
The whole file can not be downloaded, and only a part has been downloaded.

I think that the following log (/var/log/maillog) is output to
Dovecot, indicating that it ended abnormally.
Apr 11 14:47:43 server dovecot: imap-login: Login: user = <user>,
method = PLAIN, rip = X.X.X.X, lip = X.X.X.X, mpid = 17992, TLS,
session = <Ln + HLYxpAKyALY>
Apr 11 14:47:44 server dovecot: imap (user): Disconnected: Logged out
in in = 196 out = 16844
Apr 11 14:48:00 server dovecot: imap (user): Error: read (<binary
stream of mailbox INBOX UID 433>) failed: Broken pipe (FETCH BINARY
[2] for mailbox INBOX UID 433)
Apr 11 14:48:00 server dovecot: imap (user): Disconnected: FETCH
failed in = 420 out = 12552347

- Question
As a result of investigation, it seems that some timeout value is set
on Roundcube side,
Can you advise me?

Please tell me if there is information necessary for carving.

Regards,
Seiichirou Hiraoka
2018-04-13 08:22:14 UTC
Hello,

I understood the cause.
Antivirus service is running on the OS, and it becomes possible to
download it by invalidating it.
I apologize to you for a fuss over.

regards,