[RCU] managesieve plugin
mick crane
2018-04-01 17:59:51 UTC
hello,
having some bother getting managesieve plugin to work.
worked with previous install of roundcube, was called managesieve in
webpage settings/filters
now is called roundcube.
Is writing filter rules to ~/sieve/roundcube.sieve but emails are not
moved.
is Roundcube Webmail 1.3.5. Debian testing. dovecot --version 2.2.35
(b1cb664)

is just for local network.
I don't know what is the problem. Probably something dumb.

did these things from various destructions on internet
apt-get install dovecot-sieve dovecot-managesieved
---
protocol lmtp {
mail_plugins = $mail_plugins sieve
}
(didn't have 20-lmtp.conf but installed it just in case that was the
problem)
apt install dovecot-lmtpd

----
edit /etc/dovecot/conf.d/90-sieve.conf and inside “plugin”
sieve = ~/.dovecot.sieve
sieve_global_path = /var/lib/dovecot/sieve/default.sieve
sieve_dir = ~/sieve
sieve_global_dir = /var/lib/dovecot/sieve/
(left this bit alone as
sieve = file:~/sieve;active=~/.dovecot.sieve
was already there, there is a link in ~/ to ~/sieve/roundcube.sieve)

----
edit /etc/dovecot/conf.d/20-managesieve.conf for enable listing on port
##
## ManageSieve specific settings
##
protocols = $protocols sieve
# Service definitions
service managesieve-login {
inet_listener sieve {
port = 4190
}
(can't remember if this was there or not but is now )

----
service dovecot restart
----
If you try to telnet 4190 it should answer as follow
( this works get

# telnet 127.0.0.1 4190 Trying
127.0.0.1...
Connected to 127.0.0.1.
Escape character is '^]'.
"IMPLEMENTATION" "Dovecot (Debian) Pigeonhole"
"SIEVE" "fileinto reject envelope encoded-character vacation subaddress
comparator-i;ascii-numeric relational regex imap4flags copy include
variables body enotify environment mailbox date index ihave duplicate
mime foreverypart extracttext"
"NOTIFY" "mailto"
"SASL" "PLAIN"
"STARTTLS"
"VERSION" "1.0"
OK "Dovecot ready." )

----
Activate the plugin in roundcube config file
$rcmail_config['plugins'] = array(......, 'sieverules');
don't have sieverules plugin have managesieve
and is $config['plugins'] not rcmail_config
----------
# telnet 127.0.0.1 143
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to 127.0.0.1.
Escape character is '^]'.
* OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 LITERAL+ SASL-IR LOGIN-REFERRALS ID ENABLE
IDLE START TLS AUTH=PLAIN] Dovecot ready.

mick
Key ID 4BFEBB31
mick crane
2018-04-01 18:57:02 UTC
Post by mick crane
having some bother getting managesieve plugin to work.
worked with previous install of roundcube, was called managesieve in
webpage settings/filters
now is called roundcube.
Is writing filter rules to ~/sieve/roundcube.sieve but emails are not
moved.
is Roundcube Webmail 1.3.5. Debian testing.  dovecot --version 2.2.35
(b1cb664)
are you aware that sievie normally is a *network service* as you even
quoted here and hence normally you don't spit files from a website
yes well, it is just for me, there is no school near here for this stuff
so rely on things like the dovecot wiki pages to set up.
________________
edit /etc/dovecot/conf.d/20-managesieve.conf for enable listing on port
##
## ManageSieve specific settings
##
protocols = $protocols sieve
# Service definitions
service managesieve-login {
inet_listener sieve {
port = 4190
}
this is there at the top.
Key ID 4BFEBB31
mick crane
2018-04-01 20:15:29 UTC
Post by mick crane
Post by mick crane
having some bother getting managesieve plugin to work.
worked with previous install of roundcube, was called managesieve in
webpage settings/filters
now is called roundcube.
Is writing filter rules to ~/sieve/roundcube.sieve but emails are not
moved.
is Roundcube Webmail 1.3.5. Debian testing.  dovecot --version 2.2.35
(b1cb664)
are you aware that sievie normally is a *network service* as you even
quoted here and hence normally you don't spit files from a website
yes well, it is just for me, there is no school near here for this stuff
so rely on things like the dovecot wiki pages to set up.
you didn't get it
https://wiki.dovecot.org/Pigeonhole/ManageSieve
https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5804
you don't create local files from the client - you speak over TCP
last time I think I installed pigeonhole and it *just worked* can't find
pigeonhole anymore in debian repository is
dovecot-sieve and dovecot-managesieve
https://www.rosehosting.com/blog/how-to-set-up-server-side-email-filtering-with-dovecot-sieve-and-roundcube-on-a-centos-6-vps/
## cp config.inc.php.dist config.inc.php
## vim config.inc.php
$rcmail_config['managesieve_port'] = 4190;
before that it says
edit Roundcube’s main configuration file and set the following:

## vim +/PLUGINS config/main.inc.php
$rcmail_config['plugins'] = array('managesieve');

I don't have main.inc.php I guess that is roundcubemail/config.inc.php.
$rcmail_config['managesieve_default'] =
'/etc/dovecot/sieve/default.sieve';
I don't have /etc/dovecot/sieve
________________
Key ID 4BFEBB31
mick crane
2018-04-01 20:43:36 UTC
breaking news: paths may differ and files can be created
since i don't use dovecot at all nor offer sieve to the public i'm done
here, the point was that sieve is a service/protocol on the mailserver
and not just random files in the webmail installation - normally you
don't even run any webserver on the mail machine at all
clearly but this is not facing the big bad world.
thanks for your efforts.
all I want to do is put mail in folders. did it before with procmail
if I can't sort this shortly will try some other way.

mick
Key ID 4BFEBB31
mick crane
2018-04-02 14:33:23 UTC
hello,
after uninstalling dovecot-lmtpd and reinstalling dovecot-sieve,
dovecot-managesieved
seems that all I really needed to add was
protocol lda {
mail_plugins = $mail_plugins sieve
}
in 15-lda.conf