[RCU] Is there a plugin button that will rename email files instead of moving them to the .Trash dir?
Philip Rhoades
2018-11-24 17:21:32 UTC
People,

I have 1,566 Maildir folders and I would like to script process deleted
files once a day while they are still in their original dirs - but I
don't want them listed - is there a plugin or some sort of one-click
mechanism I can use to rename a file from something like:

15430. . .

to:

.15430. . .

? or something that won't display in the RCM client?

Thanks,

Phil.
--
Philip Rhoades

PO Box 896
Cowra NSW 2794
Australia
E-mail: ***@pricom.com.au
Gnul Char
2018-11-25 01:14:56 UTC
Is your SMTP mail server Postfix?

Any sever that uses "maildir" is easy this way: simply have a scheduled
cron job, run as the postfix or equivalent user, to "mv" the directories or
files daily. I mention this method based on your scale of use.

Else you can use "sieve" to do this for you, in it's syntax. Installed
along with Postfix is great. Usually per-user configured, with an awesome
"manage sieve" Roundcube plugin. You can manually install configs for every
user on the file system; also may place in /etc/skel or other new user
creation script, so all new users get your choice of rules, depending on
your mail storage configs.

With limited details, it appears your request is outside the Roundcube
scope, but easily solved with other means.

Good luck.
Philip Rhoades
2018-11-25 10:11:17 UTC
Gnul,
Post by Gnul Char
Is your SMTP mail server Postfix?
No, QMail and there is no chance of changing that for the foreseeable
future . .
Post by Gnul Char
Any sever that uses "maildir" is easy this way: simply have a
scheduled cron job, run as the postfix or equivalent user, to "mv" the
directories or files daily. I mention this method based on your scale
of use.
But I want to keep the renamed ".1504 . . " files in the same cur dirs
until that cron job happens - the question is how to rename the file
using a button or something?
Post by Gnul Char
Else you can use "sieve" to do this for you, in it's syntax. Installed
along with Postfix is great. Usually per-user configured, with an
awesome "manage sieve" Roundcube plugin. You can manually install
configs for every user on the file system; also may place in /etc/skel
or other new user creation script, so all new users get your choice of
rules, depending on your mail storage configs.
Don't use Postfix on this server . .
Post by Gnul Char
With limited details, it appears your request is outside the Roundcube
scope, but easily solved with other means.
Yes, someone else suggested a plugin which I can't find but maybe
writing my own plugin is an option?

Thanks,

Phil.
Post by Gnul Char
Good luck.

E-mail: ***@pricom.com.au
Benny Pedersen
2018-11-25 02:29:43 UTC
Post by Philip Rhoades
I have 1,566 Maildir folders and I would like to script process
deleted files once a day while they are still in their original dirs -
but I don't want them listed - is there a plugin or some sort of
try the archive plugin

after all you should not script something
Philip Rhoades
2018-11-25 10:12:58 UTC
Benny,
Post by Benny Pedersen
Post by Philip Rhoades
I have 1,566 Maildir folders and I would like to script process
deleted files once a day while they are still in their original dirs -
but I don't want them listed - is there a plugin or some sort of
try the archive plugin
Can't find that here:

https://plugins.roundcube.net/explore
Post by Benny Pedersen
after all you should not script something
Maybe I could produce my own plugin to do what I want?

Thanks,

Phil.
Post by Benny Pedersen
Philip Rhoades

PO Box 896
Cowra NSW 2794
Australia
E-mail: ***@pricom.com.au
Benny Pedersen
2018-11-25 11:10:29 UTC
Post by Philip Rhoades
https://plugins.roundcube.net/explore
that page is unofficial plugins, update to 1.3.7 and its default in
plugins, if you need something diffrent then that fork github version
and make a pull request with you own veersion if you do