[RCU] Change label for login input field "username"
f***@gmx.de
2018-07-21 09:17:44 UTC

At the moment, my RC installation ask the user to provide "Username" and
"Password" during the login. Can this be changed to "eMail-Address" and
"Password"? The login already works with provided either one of these
two, so I would just like to change the label itself, nothing else.

Thanks
Konrad
Thomas Bruederli
2018-07-21 14:23:34 UTC
Hello Konrad

This simplest way to achieve this is to modify the localization file(s) and
change the value for $labels['username']. This change however, has be
repeated after every update of Roundcube and should be applied with a patch
file. A more complication approach is to create a custom skin which
replaces the login.html template. The downside here is, that the login form
itself is created by an internal function and would need to be re-built by
hand inside that login template. See
https://github.com/roundcube/roundcubemail/wiki/Skins for details about
this.

Best,
Thomas
Hi,
2018-07-21 17:04:24 UTC
Hi Thomas,

Appreciate your quick feedback!

I already tweaked the localization files for German and English, so I'm
good for now. I was just wondering if there is a more simple solution.
Creating a custom skin seems a bit overkill for just changing one
string, but thanks for the hint ;-)

Konrad